Put on a kimono and come to Japantown for dining and shopping!
The 20th “Japantown Kimono Day” March 11 from 10:00am It has been a year since the Great Northern Japan Earthquake and Tsunami. Everyone still vividly remembers the disaster which occurred just before the March Kimono Day last year. The 20th Kimono Day will be held in memory of the Earthquake and Tsunami victims. There will be a tea ceremony for supporting the recovery, and other events as well. Please come to Japantown wearing kimono to gather, pray, and talk how we can support.
There are no special rules. All you do is to put a beautiful kimono of yours (or ours to those who rent) and have a good time inJapantown. So, just come join us!
- We welcome persons who would like to enjoy themselves in kimono.
- We help you put on a kimono if you don’t know how to. ($45/person)
- You can select a kimono from a wide range of our kimono collection. (from $30/kimono)
- For both kimono rental and help of putting on a kimono, you get up to 20% off.
- We have kimonos available for men as well.
Japantown businesses and restaurants support our Kimono Day.
For customers in kimono, Japantown shops and restaurants will have a gift.
Please let us know, by email, if you would like to join us for Kimono day. We’ll give you detailed information. If you need help with putting on a kimono and/or you need to rent a kimono, send us an email in advance. For more information:email@example.com